Directions to the Atlantic Diner
Our meetings are currently held at:
111-16 Atlantic Ave. (between 111th and 112th Street)
South Richmond Hill, NY
It is strongly preferred that you RSVP rather than show up unannounced, so that we can know how big a table to ask for. Please RSVP via Meetup, or via the contact info here, or via my private email address if you know it. (It is preferred that you RSVP via Meetup.)
Various possible ways to get there by public transportation include:
- Q37 bus to Atlantic Avenue, OR
- Q24 bus to 111th Street, OR
- A train, Lefferts Blvd branch (NOT the Rockaway branch!) to 111th Street (then 10-15 minute walk north to Atlantic Avenue, or transfer to Q37 bus), OR
- J train to 111th Street (then 10-15 minute walk south to Atlantic Avenue, or transfer to Q37 bus), OR
- Q10 bus to Atlantic Avenue (then 10 minute walk west to 112th Street, or take Q24 bus to 111th Street), OR
- E or F train to Union Turnpike, then transfer to Q37 bus (at its terminal) and take the Q37 to Atlantic Avenue, OR
- LIRR to Jamaica Center, then take Q24 bus to 111th Street
The Atlantic Diner also has a parking lot and is convenient to get to by car too.
If you haven't met us before, ask the person at the cash register to tell you where to find the "Queens discussion group." Or, if you know me well enough to have my cell number, call me instead, if you have trouble finding us, to avoid unnecessarily bothering the diner staff.
The Atlantic Diner is a relatively uncrowded diner, with relatively non-harsh lighting.
We know that meeting at a diner -- any diner -- isn't adequate for those autistic people who have severe sensory sensitivities or difficulty filtering noise. We'll seek a better venue when we are sufficiently well-established to be taken seriously by potential funding sources.
Queens discussion group: Autistic adult peer support and self-help group that currently meets in online chat (text-based) and will eventually meet in-person again after the COVID crisis.
Where to get an ASD evaluation as an adult: This page will be expanded and updated sometime after the COVID crisis is over with.