Hobby-oriented social groups led by members of the Autistic Peer Leadership Group (APLeG)
We are now trying to build various peer-led hobby-oriented social groups for adults on the autism spectrum, as a way to help us make friends with each other.
So far we have the following:
- Amateur meteorology club, for those of us with an in-depth interest in weather and/or climate.
We hope soon to build the following groups, if we can find people willing and able to lead them. If interested, please post a message in the relevant thread on the Meetup message board of the Queens discusson group (after first logging in to Meetup and joining the Queens discussion group Meetup site if you are not already a member), and please also consider joining the Autistic Peer Leadership Group.
- Trivia games club. (See Meetup thread here.)
- Word game club. (See Meetup thread here.)
- Sewing hobbyists club. (See Meetup thread here.)
- A group of train buffs. (See Meetup thread here.)
Although the "Meetup threads" mentioned above are on the Meetup site of the Queens discusion group, the above-mentioned hobby groups will NOT be limited to Queens. Their intended geographic reach is the entire NYC metro area.
If you have any other ideas for a possible group not mentioned above, please post it on the Meetup site here.